Here is how to pair the Xfinity remote to a TV:
- Press the “setup” button, and a solid green light will turn ON.
- Press the “Xfinity” button, and the green light starts blinking.
- Enter the “pairing code” displayed on the screen with the remote.
Since the internet became every part of the household, many technologies and developments are going obsolete.
Just take the example of DVDs and CDs that have been phenomenally replaced with streaming services like Netflix, Reelz, DirecTV and video sites like YouTube.
“Comcast owns and operates the Xfinity residential cable communications business segment.”Wikipedia
However, there are still some services and technologies that people are using.
One of them is cable services that allow you to watch your favorite channels, movies, documentaries, TV series, and much more.
Of course, you need a television to watch these channels and your favorite TV shows.
And to turn ON the TV, change channels, adjust the volume, and set brightness and audio, you also need to have a remote.
You will find many cable service providers in the United States, including Spectrum, Cox, and Optimum.
One of the cable providers namely Xfinity is spread across several states and is said to be the largest cable provider in the country.
Besides offering seamless internet services, Xfinity is known for its affordable cable TV service. You can find plenty of plans and packages bundled with cable TV.
However, if you want to subscribe to Xfinity cable TV service only, you can get that too.
After subscribing, you need to pair Xfinity remote to the TV. It is similar to pairing your Bluetooth device to your smartphone or laptop to connect and control.
How to pair Xfinity remote to TV is a commonly asked question among cable subscribers. We will discuss everything in detail and guide you step by step.
But before discussing how to pair Xfinity remote to the television, here’s what you need to know about Xfinity remote and its features.
Xfinity Voice Remote and Universal Remote Overview
Xfinity voice remote comes in many models, including XRA Web Remote, XRA, XR11, XR16, and XR15.
All of these models have almost similar functions with a slight difference in features and functions.
Xfinity remote is easy to operate with voice commands to adjust volume, change channels, scan for your favorite shows, connect to WiFi and visit the TV guide.
Luckily if you have Xfinity Flex or Xfinity X1 remote, you can say your command and quickly search for what you want.
Technology is progressing at a rapid pace. Devices and gadgets are released every other day. The same goes for the growing number of television brands, models, and manufacturers.
Imagine making a remote for every new model and new series; there would be more television remotes for the brand itself.
So the idea of the Xfinity Universal remote is to allow users to control the television and pair it without purchasing a new one.
According to Xfinity’s official website, you should refer to the approved devices of the manufacturer and also go through the specs and functions of the remote before purchasing the device.
What are the Different Xfinity Remotes?
As mentioned, different types of Xfinity remotes are available for different functions.
Be it a voice-enabled remote control or a universal remote control, the basic functions remain the same such as automatic pairing, controlling volume, changing channels, and adjusting settings.
Xfinity remotes are available in different forms, but some buttons are available on almost all Xfinity remotes.
For instance, the mute, channel, TV input, stop, play, and pause buttons are normally found on all Xfinity remotes.
The voice control button is however the major contributor to Xfinity remote.
Here’s a complete of types of Xfinity remotes you will find.
The XR15 Xfinity Remote is unique of its kind and has a different look from any other Xfinity remotes.
The remote can be used to control TV boxes and is also used to give instructions through voice.
For instance, with your voice command, you can search for your favorite shows, switch channels, control volume, and get suggestions.
Remotes are also very handy if you want to reset your TV or connecting it to the WiFi.
The XR11 is another model of Xfinity remote with a voice activation feature that works on certain devices.
This feature allows you to help do things quickly such as finding the channels. The remote is slightly rectangular in shape and comes in grey color.
The design of the XR5 Xfinity remote is quite unique featuring a black and silver square button.
The best thing about XR5 is that it can work with all the boxes.
The Xfinity XR2v3 is another popular Xfinity remote that is compatible with every TV box.
The remote contains separate search, swap, play, favorite, pause, and stop buttons.
The Xfinity XR16 voice remote is another model that is compatible with Xfinity Flex Streaming TV boxes. The design is quite unique and minimalistic.
Xfinity web remote is another great addition to Xfinity remote models that allow you to use voice remote features with Flex TV Boxes and X1.
The remote is easy to use on any web browser, whether on a tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
The user only has to say the voice command after clicking the microphone button on the screen.
Xfinity Web Remite is also workable on Sip and Puff Devices, eye-tracking software, and screen readers.
The remote is only available at remote.xfinity.com.
How to Pair Xfinity Remote to TV?
Now that you are sitting on your comfortable couch to watch your favorite TV sitcom or live sporting event.
But as soon as you grab the remote and push the power or any other button, it won’t respond. The reason is that you have not synced Xfinity remote to the TV.
How to program Xfinity remote to TV, let’s find out.
Pair Xfinity Remote With Setup Button
If you have an Xfinity remote with a setup button, here’s how to program it.
- Firstly, power your television and ensure your Xfinity remote is loaded with batteries.
- The next step is to set up TV input that has been connected to the Xfinity TV Box.
- On Xfinity Remote, push the setup button, which will turn on the LED light green on top. This means everything is working fine.
- Push the Xfinity button on the remote, and the LED blinks green. It is an indication that the remote is paired.
- If you are pairing XR5 or XR2 remote, make sure to press the Xfinity button multiple times until it is paired.
- A pairing code will be displayed on the screen, which can be input with the help of the Xfinity remote.
Pair Xfinity Remote Without Setup Button
If your Xfinity remote does not have any setup button, then here’s the procedure to pair Xfinity remote to the TV.
- Connect your Xfinity TV box to your television set and turn it on.
- From the Xfinity remote without the setup button, press the “Info” and Xfinity buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds till the LED light turns green.
- Alternatively, you can press the Mute and Xfinity buttons to pair the Xfinity remote to the television.
- Once you have done the above steps, you will be redirected to the screen displaying the three-digit code.
- Enter the code from your Xfinity remote until the connection is established.
- After the connection is established, you can use your remote to pause, play, stop, change volume, channels, and other functions.
How to Pair Xfinity Voice Remote to Xfinity Cable Box?
Here are step-by-step instructions if you want to program Xfinity Voice remote to the Xfinity cable box.
- Point your Xfinity voice remote to X1 TV Box/Flex Streaming Box, push the Microphone button, and say “Program Remote.” Follow the step-by-step instructions on your screen, and you will see a picture of your remote during the process.
If you are unable to pair your Xfinity voice remote, you can try the following method:
- Point your remote to the TV box and press the “A” button on the remote.
- Now select remote setup on your television. You will see the message asking, “Do you want to use your remote to control your TV power and volume”.
- Select ‘Yes’
- A notification will be given that your remote is ready for voice control.
- You will then get a notification asking, “Would you like to control your TV using your remote?” Select “Yes”.
- Type in your television brand from the letters given on the screen and select ok.
- A notification will appear that the remote is ready to pair. Select Okay
- Try pressing the volume up and down buttons to verify whether you have successfully paired your remote.
- If the television responds to the remote, you have successfully paired your remote with the television.
- However, you must repeat the process if it fails to read your instructions.
Xfinity cable services are great for people who love to watch live TV programming, award shows, sports, and live events.
To enjoy it fully, you must ensure everything is configured and in place.
Especially if an important event like a sports telecast is about to begin, you need to confirm beforehand the working of your equipment and devices.
When it comes to Xfinity Voice Remote Control, make sure to configure it in the way we have mentioned.
That’s all for how to pair Xfinity remote to the TV. This was all about pairing Xfinity Remote to TV; however, if you want to know about some online TVs to avoid any cable system, here is my complete guide on Photocall TV.
Let us know in the comment section how you paired your remote to the TV and how you found this guide helpful.
Frequently asked questions
Farhan Saeed is a graduate in marketing. He is more interested in writing about emerging technologies including Chatbots, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and web and mobile apps.