There are multiple Snapdrop alternatives available. You can use Sharedrop, Rdrop, or select any other from our list. All these apps support secure wireless file transfers.
You can share files seamlessly without additional sign-ups or extensions. Explore more to compare the best Snap drop alternative.
We’ve got you covered if you’re looking for speed or ease of usage. Online data breaches have surged in recent years. Most people opt for online services offering end-to-end encryption (Statista, 2023).
Do you also hesitate to transfer essential files through third-party apps or websites? If yes, you should choose trusted apps with privacy preferences.
The alternatives we’re suggesting are 100% secure. User’s data security is their priority. Moreover, you’ll find a thousand file-sharing platforms.
Most services ask you to pay a premium to use their platform. However, there are similar platforms that are free and more efficient. We’ve listed only free service providers.
Let’s discover the three best Snapdrop alternatives. We’ll learn how to use these and make file sharing effortless.
Sharedrop has redefined online file sharing. You can access it on the web and transfer unlimited data. The platform is free and supports fast data transfers.
Unlike Snapdrop, it will not crash during the transfer. You can rely on the site and its server. The platform is web-based and provides a secure channel for file sharing.
You can use it to share files between Android and iOS devices. Or transfer files to and from Windows devices through your phone.
Your files are not uploaded to the site’s server. They are securely transferred through your network. It helps ensure data security and avoid any data breaches during transfer.
How To Use Sharedrop?
- Connect your and the receiver’s phone or any other device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Access the Sharedrop website on both devices (no need for apps or extensions).
- The receiver device will appear on your web page. Click on it.
- Select the file you want to transfer and send.
- After you click on send, the receiver will get the file.
Why Choose Sharedrop?
- It is free, secure, and fast.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- Allows file transfer to and from different OS (Android, iOS, Windows).
- Uses the local network for file transfer to enable faster transfers.
- The sender and receiver must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to share data.
Rdrop is a growing file-sharing platform. It allows wireless file transfer through the Internet. The platform is web-based and doesn’t require you to download any app.
You don’t need to sign up on the website to share files. Just upload the file you want to share. It’ll create a unique QR code; the receiver will scan it to receive the files.
The process is seamless and fast. The only requirement is that both sender and receiver must be connected to the same network.
Unlike other file-sharing platforms, Rdrop doesn’t compress files. It sends the original file to the receiver. For instance, photos or other media don’t lose quality during transfer.
How To Use Rdrop?
- Connect your and receiver’s devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the Rdrop website and upload the file you want to share.
- Once the file is uploaded, a QR code will be generated.
- Scan the QR code on the receiver’s device to complete the transfer.
- The receiver can save the file after scanning the QR code.
Note: You can also type the unique code instead of scanning the QR code to save the file.
Why Choose Rdrop?
- Simple and easy file transfer.
- File transfer in original quality.
- Send and receive multiple files at once.
- There are no size limits or file type restrictions.
- File sharing is only possible when the sender and receivers use the same wifi network.
- File upload may be slow during traffic on the site server.
3. Send Anywhere
Send Anywhere is a well-designed file-sharing platform. It allows you to share files from anywhere with anyone. The sender and receiver don’t need to use the same network.
The platform ensures high-level data security through end-to-end encryption. It creates a secure channel for data transfer. The platform itself or third parties don’t have access to your data.
You can use Send Anywhere for free. It doesn’t have data limits or file type restrictions. Although it is a new data-sharing service, it is trendy.
The file sharing is made effortless on Send Anywhere. You upload the file and generate a unique key against it. The receiver uses the key to receive the file.
How To Use Send Anywhere?
- Open the Send Anywhere website on your device (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.).
- Upload the file (pdf, jpeg, docx, etc.) you want to share on the site.
- Note the generated key and share it with the receiver.
- The receiver will access the website on their device and enter the key in the “receive” section.
- The file will be saved to the receiver’s device in no time.
Why Choose Send Anywhere?
- End-to-end encrypted file transfer with ultimate data security.
- Effortless transfer mechanism without network restrictions.
- Fast and unlimited data transfers.
- The web version and app are both available.
Send Anywhere Limitations
- Quality issues in media files (photos and videos) over 30 GB.
5 Things to Consider Before Selecting File Sharing Platform
You often share critical data and personal files through online platforms. Then, data security becomes a significant concern.
Besides that, the platform’s user-friendliness and transfer speed also counts. Here’s what you should look for in online file-sharing platforms:
- Use file-sharing platforms that provide end-to-end encryption. Or use services that don’t require uploading the files to their server.
- Check the transfer speed by sharing a random file. The platforms not limiting file size are usually fast.
- Check if the website is compatible with cross-platform file sharing. You may need to transfer files between iOS, Windows, or Android.
- Compare various free platforms. Some platforms offer better services than others.
- Select the platform that ensures data security, supports fast file transfers, and doesn’t compress files.
Snapdrop was a practical platform, but it is no longer viable. Their server crashes during file transfers. The file quality is often reduced to enhance speed.
It has lost the service quality. We’ve shared the Snapdrop alternatives that you can use. Enjoy seamless file sharing without any worries!