If you’ve lost your Vizio TV remote, you can still turn on your Vizo TV using the Power button on the back of the TV, the Vizio Mobile App, using a gaming console, or by using the universal remote.
Televisions are popular among households like they were in the past.
We have seen many technologies have gone obsolete that were previously found in every household such as radio, Video Cassette recorders, and tape recorders.
Fast forward, we are only left with televisions in our homes as the oldest technology of all time.
“According to estimates, there are 123.8 million TV homes in the United States for the 2022-2023 TV season.“Statista
No doubt, there have been a lot of improvements in it, but generally it is the same.
Televisions whether you used them in the early 70s or in 2023, one thing is for sure, you cannot enjoy watching television without a remote control.
Just think of yourself you have to get up from your comfortable couch to adjust the volume so that no one gets disturbed and you can hear it without any trouble.
But sometimes it becomes necessary to use a television without a remote.
It could be due to a faulty remote or a misplaced remote. Whatever the reason, you have to manage it through the panel or buttons given on the television either on the front side or back side.
When it comes to Vizio television, you might be asking how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote or how to connect it to WiFi.
Now without wasting time, it’s time to reveal the secrets to turn on Vizio TV without a remote.
Method 1: Turn on Vizio TV using the Built-in Button
One of the simplest and easiest ways to turn on a Vizio TV without a remote is using the built-in button.
Whether you have a Vizio TV or any other brand, it comes with physical buttons integrated on it either on the back side or front side.
If your remote has stopped working or lost it, you can use these physical buttons to control it.
How to turn on Vizio TV without a remote using the built-in power button, here’s what you need to know.
- Locate the physical power button on your Vizio TV. If you cannot find it, you can see the manual which mentions all the details about its parts and buttons.
- Once you have found the physical power button on your Vizio TV, make sure to plug the electric cord into the power supply first.
- Press the power button and your Vizio television will turn on without a remote.
Wasn’t that easy? Let’s see some other ways to turn on Vizio TV without a remote. If you want to turn off the Vizio TV, you can simply push the button again, and your TV will be turned off.
Method 2: How to Turn on Vizio TV without Remote using Mobile App?
We are blessed to be born in the 21st century where substitutes and alternatives are easily available. If by any means you cannot use Vizio TV remote, don’t worry, you can still turn it on.
Make sure to pair your Vizio TV with the mobile app. Once the app is paired with your TV, you can use the interface to turn your on and off your television.
Moreover, you can also use it to change channels, turn the volume up and down, and so much more.
Here’s how to turn on Vizio TV without the remote using the mobile app.
- Go to iOS/Android app store and download Vizio Mobile App on your smartphone.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
- After opening the app, you will be asked to sign in to your Vizio account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up or simply continue using the app as a guest.
- Click on Select Device to pair your Vizio TV to the app. Keep in mind to connect your TV and phone to the same WiFi network.
- Select Vizio TV from the given list of available devices
- Enter the four-digit code on the mobile app that appears on your Vizio TV screen.
- Once the pairing is complete, click on the remote icon from the navigation menu.
- The remote interface will be right in front of your eyes.
- On the top right corner, press the power button to turn on your Vizio TV without a remote.
- If you want to turn off Vizio TV without a remote, tap the power button again.
Method 3: How to Turn on Vizio TV without Remote using Third-Party Apps?
If the Vizio mobile app is not working properly, you can try third-party apps to turn on Vizio TV without a remote. You can download and install the app from Google or Apple App Store.
Here are a few of the third-party apps you can use to turn on Vizio TV without a remote.
- IR Blaster
IR Blaster is one of the apps used to control Vizio TV to turn on the television. Here’s how to use it to turn on Vizio TV without a remote.
- Download and install the IR Remote Control app on your device.
- Open it after installing it and select your Vizio TV brand and model.
- Once you have selected the right options, a remote interface will appear on your phone.
- Press the power button on your mobile phone while pointing the IR blaster toward the television.
Note: The app only works if your mobile phone has an IR blaster on the top or bottom.
- WiFi based Apps
If you want to turn on Vizio TV without a remote using WiFi-based apps, follow the steps given below.
- Install TV Remote Control for Vizio TV app on your smartphone.
- After opening the app, choose your TV brand and model.
- From the two options given, choose Network (LAN/WIFI).
- Find Vizio TV on the same network and select.
- Select the TV and add it to the app.
- A remote interface will be opened.
- Now press the power button on the remote given on your screen.
Third-party apps work fine with Vizio TVs and can be used to connect to your home WiFi or reset your TV.
Method 4: How to Turn on Vizio TV without a Remote using PlayStation?
You may have been in shock to learn that turning on your Vizio TV without a remote using PlayStation is possible. Specific devices allow you to connect it to your Vizio TV using an HDMI cable.
Once you plug in, your TV will automatically turn on. The majority of Vizio TV models come with HDMI-CEC features. This helps other devices to turn on and off your television when connected via HDMI.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote using PlayStation.
Make sure to connect your gaming console like PlayStation to Vizio TV using an HDMI cable.
- Open PlayStation Settings and select system
- Go down and enable “HDMI Device Link”
- Once you do this, your Vizio TV will turn on automatically when your turn on PlayStation.
Method 5: How to Turn on Vizio TV without a Remote using Nintendo Switch?
You can turn on your Vizio television using Nintendo Switch just like you did using PlayStation.
Here’s how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote using Nintendo Switch.
- Connect Nintendo Switch to Vizio TV using the dock.
- Go to System Settings and select the TV settings option on the screen’s left side.
- Enable the option that says “Match TV Power State”
After doing the above settings, your Vizio TV will turn on without a remote whenever you turn on Nintendo Switch.
Method 6: How to Turn on Vizio TV without Remote using Universal Remote?
Turning on Vizio television without a remote is also possible if you purchase a universal remote that is easily available.
The universal remote is workable on several devices such as televisions, home theaters, and sound bars.
- First, buy a universal remote that is compatible with Vizio TV. We would recommend you go for Vizio Universal Remote.
- Pair your universal remote with your Vizio TV by entering the code.
- After pairing your universal remote with Vizio TV, you can now press the power button to turn it on or off.
When it comes to controlling your television or any other device, you need something that can easily be managed from a distance.
The remote control is one of them that helps you to adjust volume, change channels, turn it on and off, set brightness, and many more.
If you have lost your Vizio TV remote or it has gone faulty, you can still manage to turn your TV on and off.
In this post, we have discussed 6 methods on how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote using a mobile app, PlayStation, physical button, and many more. Stay tuned to Bitcasa for more informational posts like this.
Frequently Asked Questions
Farhan Saeed is a graduate in marketing. He is more interested in writing about emerging technologies including Chatbots, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and web and mobile apps.