If you want to quickly fix Hisense TV black screen of death, you may apply the following methods:
- Restart your television and Remote
- Power Cycle Hisense Television
- Update firmware
- Replace HDMI Cable
- Check Input Settings on Television
- Remove the Surge Protector
- Factory Reset Hisense TV
Everyone has a television in the house to enjoy entertainment in the form of movies, TV shows, sporting events, documentaries, and much more. Some people prefer cable over streaming due to the huge channel lineup.
While others consider it a waste of money as they don’t find enough time to watch those channels. And paying hundreds of dollars each month is a money sucker.
By 2028, the global live-streaming industry is expected to reach $223.98 billion.
It does not matter, what category you fall in, but the problems with televisions are common. No matter, what brand you prefer, or what TV size you choose, problems like pairing with a remote, black screen, and a WiFi connection cannot be put behind without solving.
Hisense is one of the best brands in the United States with the largest shipment volume in 2022 can also run into several problems. Hisense TV Black Screen is one of the problems you can face and resolve if you keep reading this post carefully.
But before that, we would like to give you an overview of the reasons for the Hisense TV black screen.
Reasons for HiSense TV Black Screen of Death
Electronic devices are vulnerable to different types of problems and errors. Televisions are not an exception and when it comes to Hisense, you may face a black screen of death.
Here are some of the reasons behind Hisense TV black screen.
- Bugs in the software
- Hardware issues
- Loose cables and connections
- Power Fluctuation
- Incorrect Input
- Defective Television
How to Fix Hisense TV Black Screen of Death?
Hisense TV black screen of death can be fixed using different methods. However, some of the troubleshooting tips will take you no more than a minute. While others may take some time.
But don’t worry, spending a few more minutes will help you avoid spending time and money on buying a new one. Let’s take a look at how to fix Hisense TV black screen of death.
Method 1 – Power Cycle Hisense TV
Hisense TV black screen of death can be fixed with a simple hack i.e. power cycle. Don’t worry it is not complicated or needs any technical expertise.
You only need to unplug Hisense TV from the electric outlet. While the Hisense TV is unplugged, press and hold the power button for half a minute.
After waiting for 60 seconds plug your Hisense TV back into the power outlet. Power cycling your Hisense TV will most probably fix the issue.
In some cases, this hack may not fix Hisense TV black screen of death. However, it may save you time, if the hack works.
Method 2 – Restart Your Television
This hack works most of the time and is the easiest one out of all. You can fix Hisense TV black screen of death by restarting.
Here’s how to do it.
- Power off your television and unplug it from an electric outlet
- Wait for at least 30 seconds and plug it back again
- Turn your television on
The problem should be fixed, if there are no complicated issues within the television.
Method 3 – Restart Your Remote
You can also try this method to fix the issue immediately, only if there are no complex issues.
Here’s how to restart your remote.
- Remove the cover from the back of your remote
- Take out all the batteries
- Leave it for 30 seconds and put the batteries back in the remote
Your remote has restarted. Check to see if there are still any issues or not.
Method 4 – Check Wires and Cables
When it comes to Hisense TV black screen of death, you may need to check your cables and wires connected to a television. Most importantly, make sure to fix HDMI connections that are hanging loose or not inserted correctly.
In case, you are using any external streaming devices, a loose HDMI cable can cause a black screen of death.
Follow these guidelines for more understanding.
- All of your devices that are connected through HDMI cable should be properly inserted on both sides
- If faced with a Hisense TV black screen, you should disconnect all the devices from the back. Connect the HDMI and other cables and wires properly again
- Turn on your television and check whether Hisense TV black screen of death is fixed or not
Method 5 – Replace HDMI and Other Cables with New Ones
You may have disconnected and reconnected your HDMI and other wires to fix the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to replace your HDMI cable.
Turn off your television before replacing the HDMI cable with a new one. Once the cable is connected to the port correctly, turn on your television and check whether you have chosen the correct input source from the settings.
Method 6 – Source for Input Signals
Hisense Black TV Screen of Death can occur due to an incorrect input source. For instance, if you have connected your streaming device to HDMI port 2 while the settings on your television are set to HDMI port 1.
The television may not be able to read due to the wrong settings on the television, which may result in a Hisense TV black screen. Make sure to check the input source and settings on the television to avoid such situations.
For the correct settings on your television for HDMI port, follow the instructions given below.
- Connect your device to HDMI port 1 provided at the back of your television
- From your television remote, press the Input/Source button
- Now select HDMI Port 1 for the input signal
- The same goes for HDMI port 2. You just need to connect your HDMI cable tightly and select the right input source from your television settings.
Method 7 – Check the Power Cable
Power cable is also the culprit when it comes to the black screen of death on Hisense TV. If the wire is damaged, it will probably not display the picture. The reason is that less electric current is passed through.
Here’s what you need to do.
- The power cable should be connected to the back of your television as well as the electric outlet
- If the wire is cracked, make sure to replace it with a new one as it may result in fire eruption or other serious damages.
Method 8 – Check the Power Outlet
Power outlet such as electric socket is also a major cause of black screen. After checking the cables and wires, make sure to have a look at the power outlet.
If you are using an electric wire extension, make sure it is working and in proper condition. Moreover, for testing purposes, you can try different electric outlets so that if it is damaged you can fix it rather than trying any other method.
The use of a surge protector can also pass less power, which may result in a black screen on Hisense TV.
Method 9 – Test the Power Board of Television
You may have checked everything else including the power cable, electric outlet, and input method. If everything is working properly, you should now check the power board of your television.
But be careful, it will put you in more problems than resolving it, if you are unable to handle it expertly.
However, bitcasa ensures to guide you in the best posible manner to resolve the issue. Keep in mind that Hisense has different models, which may vary the internal mechanism.
However, if you have a little knowledge, you will be able to manage it. But don’t try this, if you are not an expert. For this you need to have a dry cloth, screwdriver, and a container for screws.
Here’s how to test the power board of your television.
- Flip your TV and remove the screws on the back.
- Locate the fuses and check which one is burnt
- Replace the burnt fuse as voltage fluctuation and power outages cause blown fuse
- Locate the circuit board supplying electricity
- Detach the wires connected to it
- Remove the circuit board and put a new one to complete the process
- Put everything back and reconnect the cables
- Cover the back of your television with the cover and screw it tightly
- Turn your television on and see if it works
Method 10 – Remove the Surge Protector
One of the reasons for Hisense TV’s black screen of death is due to surge protector. If it has gone faulty or not functioning properly, removing it will resolve the issue.
The reason is that your television is unable to receive a power supply to turn on. Simply unplug the surge protector and connect it again to the power supply to resolve the problem.
Method 11 – Check the Inverter Board
The Inverter board is a backlight LED panel that illuminates your television screen. A flashlight test can be performed to test the inverter board.
Here’s how to do it.
- Take a flashlight and make sure it is in working condition
- Point the flashlight towards the screen and move two inches away
- Flash the light towards the screen, which will diagnose any problem with the backlight panel or inverter board.
- If you observe dim colors when flashing the light, it is a sign that the inverter board malfunctioning
Method 12 – Update Firmware of Hisense TV
Hisense TV black screen of death can also be due to outdated software. This hack can fix most of the issues related to your television.
The majority of the time, television watchers do not bother to look at firmware rollout. This might lead to bugs and errors, which may also cause black screen of death.
Here’s how to update Hisense TV firmware
- Turn your television on and connect it to WiFi
- Go to Menu from your remote and select Settings
- Click on Device Preferences and select About
- Select System Update
Make sure not to touch or power off your television while the firmware is being updated.
Method 13 – Factory Reset Hisense TV
The aforementioned troubleshooting tips to fix Hisense TV black screen of death will resolve the problem. But if none of the methods have worked for you, doing a factory reset to your television will surely fix the issue.
Here’s how to reset your television.
- Power On your Hisense television
- Locate the reset button on the back of the Hisense television
- A needle or paperclip is needed to reset Hisense TV as you have to push a button enclosed in a small hole
- Once you hear a clicking sound, press and hold it for at least 20 seconds until it resets
- After the factory reset is completed, you will need to install apps and apply your preferred settings from scratch
Method 14 – Contact Hisense Customer Support
Factory reset was the last option to try at home. However, if the black screen of death is not resolved yet, it is time to contact Hisense customer support.
Make sure to write down everything on paper that you would like to inquire from customer support. If you are sure about the problem in your TV panel, ask the support to tell you what to do next.
Method 15 – Check the Warranty and Claim it
If your warranty has not expired yet, you are lucky enough. Otherwise, you would have to pay a huge amount to fix the issue, especially if there is an issue in the board or needs replacement.
But not everything is covered under warranty. You can check the warranty card or visit the official website to know what’s covered in the warranty.
In this post, we have discussed some of the reasons behind Hisense TV’s black screen of death and how to fix it. Keep visiting bitcasa.com for helpful posts about troubleshooting, guides, and how-tos.